joie de vivre ˌʒwɑː də ˈviːvr(ə),French ʒwad vivʀ/noun: exuberant enjoyment of life.
What better way to start off 2016 than with a new deck! Hop along in this Tarot Professionals Blog-Hop by following the links below: Thanks to Fiona Benjamin for organising the TP blog-hop, hopefully the first of many monthly hops to come.
I am a deck creator, my latest deck is a fun Retro Lenormand. In the spirit of this blog-hop theme (new deck) I will share a bit of my creative process. For me it goes something like this:
- Choose a theme to work in: This is an important step as it adds continuity throughout the deck
- Create the artwork: I like to create my own either traditionally or digitally
- Find the right typography to compliment the theme for the overlay of card numbers etc: This is another important aspect to consider in the overall design of the deck. The wrong font can ruin an otherwise perfectly good looking deck
- Use Photoshop (or similar software) to put it all together
- Print the deck & make it available for purchase once done
- Tell everyone about it!
It was probably while watching Mad Men (TV series) that the idea to create a retro deck was born. I love the colour schemes, the bold patterning and sassy attitude of all things retro which led to an enjoyable creative process. A deck with joie de vivre!
Without any further ado, allow me to introduce you to some of the cards in this new deck, but be warned, they have attitude!
Add a bit of joie de vivre to your 2016 readings today. 😉